The Faculty of Foreign Languages was officially founded in September 1997, when the students of Course I (1995-1998) in Academic English progressed to the second phase of their curriculum.
The Faculty of Foreign Languages counts four Subjects
- Academic English
- General English
- Specialized English
1. Main tasks
- Teaching English for Translation and Interpretation, and English for Hospitality
- Teaching a professional Bachelor of English
- Teaching basic English and Specialized English for students not studying languages.
2. Study objectives
- Teaching students to fluently use English and Chinese in translation and research, to be able to work in a variety of businesses, agencies, social organizations, etc.
- Teaching students to be able to adapt to the changing job market.
- Teaching students to proficiently use informatics in their specialization.
* English, with majors
- ENGLISH FOR TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION
- ENGLISH FOR HOSPITALITY
- Professional Bachelor of English
4. Career opportunities
* Bachelors of English for Translation and Interpretation can find employment as translators, interpreters, editors, researchers, teachers, etc. for Departments of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Relations offices of agencies, ministries, and departments, international organizations, NGOs, social and commercial organizations, universities, press agencies, radio stations, television stations, etc.
* Bachelors of English for Hospitality can find employment as translators, tour operator staff for travel agencies, front desk clerks at big hotels and at resorts, and as tour guides. Besides, graduates can also work in management of hospitality businesses, restaurants, hotels, etc.
* Professional Bachelors of English can work for sales departments or as accountants for foreign companies using English, for hospitality businesses, restaurants, hotels, etc.
* Students of the Faculty can do their graduation internship in companies and businesses in the Danang region and in Central Vietnam, so as to get some real-life work experience.
* Students need to acquire the pedagogical certificate if they want to teach English at general secondary schools after graduation.
It is possible to continue studies for a Master’s degree in Vietnam or abroad.
The Faculty currently has a team of professional, experienced lecturers passionate about teaching, counting 41 lecturers, of which one holds a PhD, a Master’s degree, and 16 a Bachelor.
In particular, we have teaching collaborations with foreign lecturers.
6. Facilities and equipment
- All classrooms are equipped with modern projector and surveillance camera system.
- The University library contains many titles from within and outside the country for studying and researching, and free Internet access.
- The Faculty has a Lab with capacity for 60 students.
7. Scholarships and Studying abroad
* Good students of English at the Faculty of Foreign Languages have many opportunities to get foreign scholarships sponsored by private organizations affiliated with the Faculty.
* Students of Chinese can self-sufficiently follow summer courses at Chinese universities with close relations with DTU, or can study long-term based on agreements between DTU and Chinese universities.